Hmmm ! I wonder whether I can do this with Revolution ?

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 06:46:12 EDT 2006

Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:
> I have dozens of forms to fill in, and I'd like to scan an
> original to a .jpg file, display it in a Rev card overlaid
> with predefined fields which I can fill in, and then save
> the updated form to a .jpg file again. Has anybody done
> anything like this ? I admit that I haven't yet tried to do
> it, but I'd like to know if it's possible before putting
> "pen to paper" !
>
> Thanks for any light on the subject  .....

Shouldn't be too much of a problem, unless you need an image that's
more than screen resolution.

Import a sample form into the stack, and send it to the back.
Put your fields in the right places.
Set the fileName of the image to the path of the scanned form file,
making sure that everything gets scanned in identically.
Fill in fields.
Export a snapshot of the stack window.

You might want to add in a handler that sets the opaque and
showBorder of the fields to false before exporting so that the text
appears directly over the form, then set them to true again.

Ian