User List or Revolution Forum

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 11 15:22:07 EDT 2006

mfstuart wrote:

> With the introduction of the Forum, and still the
> existnece and use of the User List, which one are
> we supposed to use?

Like any new venue, the forum is off to a slow start so you're likely to
find more timely answers here.

But if the traffic is an issue or you just prefer the forum format, I
see no reason you couldn't post there.

> Is the User List to be "turned off" soon and all
> submissions to be posted on the Forum?

I doubt this list will be going away.  The archives contain far to many
tasty knowledge nuggets to ever consider discarding it, and there are so
many mirrors that if there was ever such a misplaced desire it would
prove impossible.

Archives aside, if this list ever does stop accepting new posts I have
no doubt a new Rev list would be formed by this community outside of the
auspices of RunRev.  Given that we all seem to like having Heather as
list mom, I hope that never happens.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal