2 basic Q's about management scripts in standalone

Ben Bock benbock at msn.com
Tue Apr 11 13:40:59 EDT 2006

I have about 10 stacks that need to be presented in an alternating order.  I have settled on 5 orders.  So I will build a standalone with a splash screen, that will select the correct order of administration.

1) I don't know how to make the selections work in a standalone.  All it needs to do is cycle through the 5 orders, so that the first person will get order 1, the next person will get order 2, etc, so that it is administered 1-2-3-4-5-1-2-3-4-5... I suppose I could use a .txt file to store the last order administered, so that when the splash is opened for the next person, the splash would retrieve the last "value", add 1 to it (or something) move to the next order, and overwrite the value to the txt file.  There must be a more elegant way.

2) For running the orders, I was thinking of using a global "gOrder1, gOrder2..." that is issued from the splash screen, and using scripts in the substacks:

if gOrder1
then open stack A
else
end if

I might need to figure out switch statements though. I don't understand them yet.

I will eagerly accept any advice or guidance on this.

Thank you,

Ben