End all Negative Threads Now

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Apr 9 12:54:15 EDT 2006

On 4/9/06 10:18 AM, "Lynn Fredricks" <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

> Good (Sunday) morning,
>
> The amount of biting argument on the list has reached unacceptable levels,
> after the warning yesterday. I am going to direct support to begin deleting
> list subscriptions if I come back from Sunday breakfast and there's still a
> stream of them coming in.

Whoa, man! Chill out, sit down, and have a Percadan!

;-)

Seriously though, Lynn, you are responsible for marketing IIRC, and not for
list management (AFAIK that's Heather, unless she's no longer with the
company), and threats don't help the perception of how Runtime Revolution
interacts with their customers.

I know you're frustrated with the negative threads, but this is a list serv,
and people have a right to voice their opinions, whether negative or
positive. If you don't like what someone has to say, then contact them off
list and politely ask them to stop and give them good reason why they
should. And if it comes to having to pull someone from the list because they
are continually violating the purposes of this list after having been
reminded repeatedly, then make it happen quietly and through the proper
channels.

I understand that this is a list for working with Revolution, so gentle
reminders about the purpose of the list will help. And now that you guys
have forums, you should set one up for company-related complaints and then
redirect those who are making statements about company issues to use that
channel (or to contact support directly).

I share your frustration, but there are better ways to handle this, IMHO.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com