Had Revolution for over a year and I still can't run a stack file

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Apr 9 05:45:55 EDT 2006

Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hi Len,
>
> Sorry to hear you're having problems. I've been running all versions
> of Rev since 1.0 and haven't seen it on XP, though I have no doubt it
> exists.
>
> Here's a suggestion you might try. It has to do with your video
> drivers. Turns out the Rev engine is very sensitive to outdated drivers.

> Now launch Rev and see if the cursor problem still exists. If it's
> fixed, then it means you have a conflict with the grapchics drivers.
> My suggestion is to go get the latest version of the drivers. That
> usually fixes things.

I tried this - and it seemed to work !!
Wonderful, I thought. Switched back to full acceleration - and it still
worked.

Turns out I don't have this problem at all with Rev 2.6.1 on my new
laptop. Don't know whether it was the Rev version or the newer hardware
(probably with newer drivers) that made the difference.