Runtime Revolution Ships Revolution Media; Announce Revolution Forums

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Apr 9 00:17:09 EDT 2006

There is a standing joke among locals on our island of Kauai, where
with 2 hurricanes in 20 years, hotels have changed hands and names so
many times that no one can ever remember what actual location anyone
is talking about anymore.  Since the hotels are also used as
"landmarks" we have these crazed conversations that go like this:

#1 It's just past the Aston...

#2 Aston?  I think you mean Kauai Sands, right?

#3 No, they sold Kauai Sands, it's now Kapaa Shores

#4 Oh, I didn't know that...

Everyone breaks out laughing, but still mildly confused -- what place
were you talking about, really?

Given that this problem already exists where

xTalk = all hotels, hypertalk is a dead hotel, Supertalk is a
different hyperTalk that is still alive but only lives on the apple
side of the island, and transcript is an xTalk that is an advancement
over hypertalk but is not supertalk that lives where all fruits
grow.... big blur...

When my support team for the new dedicated server at ServePath asks
"what's that code you use on your web server?" I'm *already* saying
to them "oh that's Revolution."

I'm with Lynn this one: we will love coding, henceforth, in
Revolution, I will know exactly where the hotel is and who owns it
and I can give directions clearly and everyone I talk to knows
exactly what I'm talking about:

#!/usr/local/bin/revolution