Register at Forums to See Everything

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Apr 8 21:52:06 EDT 2006

On Apr 09 2006, at 03:35, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> Björnke von Gierke wrote:

>>> And, I think the forum doesn't have any way to check for updates
>>> (new posts) while you are logged in, unless I've just missed it. Is
>>> there a way to do that ?
>>

>> just visit the link again, it'll update with each visit with the new
>> entries, but the "old" and visited ones still linger there for some
>> time...

> As it happens, I know that I have read all 4 topics and 12 posts in
> "Off-topic" and none of the posts in "User Groups ..." - but there is
> no differentiation between how those appear in the index.

You are looking at the index, but i am talking about this page:

http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/search.php?search_id=newposts

which shows you all the newest posts. In a list. You can see the link
to that page if you're logged in, and look near the top of the page.
There are 3 links there:

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

actually i have simply bookmarked the first one (which is also the link
i gave at the top of my message).

PS: actually the links should appear differently, as unread topics
appear with a red icon next to them even in the index (again, only if
you're logged in).
--

official ChatRev page:
http://chatrev.bjoernke.com