creating my own tools palette

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Apr 8 18:05:33 EDT 2006

Xeubie Tsu wrote:
> Thanks, I'll take your advice and study transcript more deeply. Do you
> think the "Software at the Speed of Thought" book would help in this
> regard?
>
> Also, could you give specifics as to how one creates a palette in rev?
> Is it really like creating any other application?

Pretty much, yes. You create a stack the size you want your palette to
be, and put buttons on it with icons. Then you script the buttons to do
whatever tasks you want each one to do. Set the style of the stack to
"palette", or else when you open it, just use this syntax:

   palette "myStack"

Then the stack opens as a palette and floats on top of any other stacks.

You will have to study a little bit about the "defaultstack" and the
"topstack" because when a palette button issues commands, usually you
want the action to happen in a different stack, not in the palette.
These commands will direct the action to the stack that should receive it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com