Can I read a disk's raw data, like in a hex editor?

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sat Apr 8 16:01:53 EDT 2006

The MMC card is hooked up via an internal memory card reader, and
shows up an a drive to the computer.  Is there a driver for Windows
or Mac OS X that allows me to directly access a drive?  Where is a
place to find all the drivers installed on a system, and to find some
documentation about them?  The suggestion in the new Revolution
documentation, reading the file /dev/tty  ,  did not work on my iBook.