Had Revolution for over a year and I still can't run a stack file

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Apr 8 15:35:56 EDT 2006

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, Len Morgan wrote:
>

>>I have had Rev for over a year now (Studio version) and I STILL cannot
>>run a stack file (by double clicking on it OR using "Open With...") and
>>have a cursor show up.  As soon as the pointer enters anywhere in the
>>stack window, it disappears.  I't's still there because if I carefully
>>move it, I can press buttons and enter text and such but I just can't
>>see the cursor.
>

> You know, this occurs in the MetaCard IDE as well when a the 'open file'
> dialog is present and I've never been able to figure out why.

I know the answer to that one, I think. It happens when you use the
message box to show a file dialog (or when you have been typing into a
field) and hit the return key to execute the command. When typing, the
mouse pointer normally is hidden (replaced by the insertion point). If
you open a file dialog while the insertion point is present, the mouse
pointer doesn't reappear when the file dialog opens.

I bugzillaed it some time ago. The workaround for now is to jiggle the
mouse before executing the command from the message box. I always forget
to do that, of course.

This is different from the disappearing Windows cursor, which I thought
got fixed before the last release. Does it still happen in 2.7?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com