[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sat Apr 8 10:22:30 EDT 2006

On 8 Apr 2006, at 14:01, Marielle Lange wrote:

>> The link to <http://www.howsoft.com/downloads/webed.zip> on
>> <http://www.howsoft.com/downloads/index.html> is 404.
>>
>> Merde happens.
>
> Richard,
>
> Are you aware of the message sent to the users of this list over
> the past 4 months?
>
> I can tell you the message I have personally understood.
>
> Beware, if  you express any criticism, Google will be used to check
> your identity out on the web (what happened with that Jerry
> character a while back) and your past activities in bugzilla (David
> Burgun recently) or any defect in your website (Bob Warren) will be
> used to undermine your reputation. If nothing can be found, then
> innuendos and eventually false statements will be used (Xavier,
> myself).
>
> DO YOU REALLY WANT TO CONTINUE TO SEND THAT MESSAGE?

Marielle

I really don't understand the content of your mail except that it
appears to be an attack on Richard. In the past few months, you've
attacked Chipp Walters, Dan Shafer (twice), and now Richard on this
list. And you've done it in a style that borders on deranged.

Chipp, Dan, and Richard are major contributors to the Rev community.
They are strong supporters of the product, yet they are also among
its most frequent critics. They all offer their personal and honest
opinions.  I don't always agree with what they say, and I'm sure they
don't always agree with my opinions. But you seem offended when they
offer opinion or information that is contrary to other people's. Your
replies are very personal and unpleasant, and I find your habit of
digging up quotes from mails written a long time ago quite disturbing.

Most people belong to this list to get help with programming, and
some occasional banter. You seem to be pursuing a personal crusade. I
wish you'd stop.

Regards
Dave Cragg