Eureka! It's late, I'm tired and grouchy and I can't figure out a way to do this!

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Apr 7 11:24:29 EDT 2006

David Burgun wrote:
> if the long owner of group myIndex of theOwnerLongName =
> theOwnerLongName then

Without looking at the code - a couple of comments):

    I don't use the owner - due to some inconsistancy I can no longer
remember which was only fixed by using:

    put the long id of groupMyIndex into myOwner
    delete word 1 to 4 of myIndex

    This may or may not have been fixed abd i have not tired the long
owner...

    For a similar reason i tend not to string long compound groups
together into one line - but always:

       put the long id of group x of someGroup into anotherGroup
       put the long id of group y of anotherGroup into whatEver

    I find this ore readable and robust - though for something that
really requires speed very slightly slower.