New custom control available -- windowshade

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Apr 6 23:17:33 EDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 2:46 PM, Steve Knox wrote:

> Don't use the top slider.  It does not keep track of how many items
> are in the pane titles field (I suppose it could, but what would be
> the point).  Some of us would call it a bug, but if you were
> actually using this neat interface thingy in a real stack, there
> would be no reason to use this slider at all.

It's not the slider. There is no need to keep track of the number of
panes. You simply need to set the paneCount of the group to whatever
number of panes you want, and the setprop handler takes care of
figuring out whether it needs to add panes or remove panes.

This is very puzzling. I've now had someone send me a "broken" stack,
and even then it works fine for me, and I can't see anything wrong
with the structure of it.

At first I wondered about possible conflicts with Constellation
frontscripts, but I now have someone who broke it without Constellation.

I have a version with built-in testing routines that I've used to run
the control through thousands of changes to the hilited pane and the
paneCount. I'm going to put in some safeguards and checks on the
code, and make that available for people to test.

I'll also build a standalone of it, to ensure that the environment
isn't a factor.

regards to all,

Geoff