[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 6 21:26:22 EDT 2006

Dan Shafer wrote:
> Jacque.......
>
> Your comment below sort of astonished me. With all the reported issues with
> 2.7, and earlier comments here that you can't expect every possible
> variation to be tested (which is certainly true), I find it interesting that
> you believe (or know?) that the Rev team uses the Rev IDE "daily." My
> *impression* has been that they don't use it all that much, that most of
> their time and attention is focused on writing (presumably) C/C++ code to
> work on the engine.

There are two groups of developers, the engine guys and the IDE guys.
The engine guys write in C. The IDE guys use Rev like anyone else to
work on the IDE. Plus, Runtime also takes consulting work, and all of
that is done in Rev too.

Don't you remember the original web site? At the bottom of the page it
said "We eat our own haggis."

Which is way further than I care to go. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com