[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 6 21:08:39 EDT 2006

On 7 Apr 2006, at 02:00, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> David Burgun wrote:
>
>> Now, I suppose that "colorizing" a script *might* need to be
>> "applied" but the button didn't enable at this point. If I open
>> the  script and select colorize and then close the window, I
>> don't get  the dialog. If I open the script, select colorize and
>> then click on a  function in the script body, not via the handler
>> list, the apply  button is not enabled. It's only when I select
>> via the handler list.
>
> I agree very much with Richard that a simple click in the editor
> should not mark the script as dirty. But when I look at your
> recipe, it says a click on a handler name in the list marks the
> script as dirty. What happens when you click on a handler name? The
> selection in the script editor changes, just as though you'd
> clicked in there yourself. The behavior is consistent. I'm not sure
> why clicking in the fuction wouldn't alter the selection, unless
> that was a handler that was already storing it.

I can double-click and select handler/function names, I can select
areas of the script, walk the cursor up and down the script from top
to bottom and it still doesn't mark it as dirty. I can select a
handler from the Menubar and it doesn't mark it as dirty, but if I
use the left hand panel to select a handler/function, it marks it as
dirty. Go figure!!!!!

I reckon there is a whole lot of small bugs interacting.

All the Best
Dave