How to stop screen "flicker"

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 6 19:48:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

When I run the script portion below, I get the stack windows flashing
for a split second. I thought that the lock screen command would cure
it, but it doesn't seem to work.

   lock screen
   repeat for each line myCurrentFileName in myFilesList
     if item -1 of myCurrentFileName <> "rev" then next repeat
     put myStackFilePath & myCurrentFileName into myCurrentFilePathName
     if myCurrentFilePathName = myStackFilePathName then next repeat

     if myCurrentFilePathName <> the filename of
myCallingStackLongName then
       if there is a stack myCurrentFilePathName then
         if the script of stack myCurrentFilePathName contains
myHandlerString then
           set the cpDebugEnableFlag of stack myCurrentFilePathName
to theDebugEnableFlag
           put the visible of stack myCurrentFilePathName  into
myStackVisibleFlag
           go invisible to stack myCurrentFilePathName as topLevel
           set the visible of stack myCurrentFilePathName  to
myStackVisibleFlag
           save stack myCurrentFilePathName
           close stack myCurrentFilePathName
         end if