Trouble with formattedWidth revisited

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Apr 6 19:10:19 EDT 2006

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:04:01 -0700, Scott Rossi
<scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> The problem is, as you already found, that the formattedWidth/
> Height doesn't
> work for field on a card that isn't open.  For whatever reason, the
> card on
> which the field lies must be opened to return a real value.  The
> field or
> stack can be hidden, but the the field still must reside on the
> current
> card.

Thanks Scott - very clear. I can work with this, now I know I have to!

OK, I will BZ it as a documentation bug. Incidentally IMHO the
documentation ought also to make it clear how the formattedWidth is
influenced by the textFont and fontSize of the field, and what
happens if they're not set.

Graham