[OT] Articles to read

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:13:32 EDT 2006

On 4/6/06, Sean Shao <shaosean at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Considering that we're all developers, I thought that these two articles
> would be of some interest to someone out there. I CC'd them to Lynn
> Fredricks because he seems like he wants to make some changes at RRLtd and I
> also forwarded to support because someone needs to be woken up over there.
>
> http://asktog.com/columns/068priceOfNotListening.html
> http://asktog.com/columns/037TestOrElse.html

For anyone who hasn't got time to read these articles, the first
sstresses the importance of a company having a way for users to submit
feedback & bug reports. The second says how important pre-release
testing is.

RunRev does do both of these things already.

Bugzilla allows us all to contribute to the product by reporting bugs,
requesting enhancements and by voting to show which bugs are most
important to us. Every Enterprise license holder (of which I am one)
gets the opportunity to test pre-release version of the software and
report early bugs.

Unfortunately, in the release of Rev 2.7, it seems that there was a
serious Windows bug which none of the testers encountered. As we all
use Rev in such diverse ways, this is inevitably going to happen every
now & then, but to assume that no testing has occured is incorrect.

Regards,
Sarah