Front Window Question???

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 6 13:47:04 EDT 2006

On 6 Apr 2006, at 18:24, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> David Burgun wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a stack (actually a sub-stack of a library) I use for
>> debugging. The substack has a field in it and I have a function
>> that  in the stack script does this:
>> function DebugPutString theString
>> put theString & cr into field 1 of card 1 of me
>> return empty
>> end DebugPutString
>> When I call this function, the substack window comes to the front,
>> is  this the correct action?
>
> No, it should happen in the background. What's in this library of
> yours, anyway? It seems to be causing all kinds of abnormal behavior.
>
> Your best bet is to walk through the handlers in the debugger and
> find out which line of script is pushing the stack to the front.

Ok, found it! I missed a line off my script when I posted it:

function DebugPutString theString
put theString & cr into field 1 of card 1 of me
select after field 1 of card 1 of me     <
return empty
end DebugPutString

As far as I can tell, it's the select that is pushing to the front! I
do this in order to scroll the display so I can see what is going on
without having to scroll it manually. Is there another way to do this??

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave