Reporting fatal error bugs

Dave Beck dave at crystalpiersw.com
Thu Apr 6 12:07:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

As I've posted previously to the list many of my users have problems with a
rev standalone unexpectedly quitting do to illegal operations. I am getting
more and more reports of this problem (on both Win XP Pro and Home, using a
standalone built form Rev 2.6.1). There is no specific pattern as to when
the errors occur that I can determine but for many users it is a daily
event. In a response to an earlier post somebody suggested that I start a
bugzilla report for the errors and post any crash logs to that report. Two
questions:

1. Where do I go to log this problem to bugzilla?

2. How can my users capture the error logs from the Windows illegal
operation error dialog? I have tried to capture these logs before but have
not been able to figure it out. I can't copy the contents of the log; I
can't find an option to save it to a file. The only options are "Send",
"Don't Send", and view the log, but no way to extract the data!

Thanks,

Dave