chris bohnert chris at altuit.com
Wed Apr 5 22:32:39 EDT 2006

 The only way i've ever been able to get this to work is by using the
variable binding when inserting data into the blob.  By using the "*b"
prefix on the variable name in the execute parameter the binary encoding
routines kick in.

put the imageData of image "picImage" into tBits
put the text of field "strPicName" into tName
get revdb_execute(tconnectionid, "insert into limage(name,imageData)
values(:1,:2)","tName","*btBits")

then when returning the data i do

put "select name,imageData from limage where name='" & tImgName &"'"
into tsql
put revdb_queryblob(tconnectionid,tsql) into tRS
if not revdb_iseof(tRS) then
      put revDatabaseColumnNamed(tRS,"name",tPicName)
      set the text of field "strPicName" to tPicName
      put revDatabaseColumnNamed(tRS,"imageData",tImageDat)
      set the imagedata of image "picImage" to tImageDat
      answer "got a result"
    end if

--
cb