[OT-sorta] Bootcamp, (NOT BASECAMP) and the new cat LEOPARD

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 5 12:47:48 EDT 2006

Jim MacConnell wrote:
> My opinion.... Choosing boot options definitely not as valuable as
> parallel systems with cut & paste, etc. even if you take a
> performance hit.

Seconded.

With the substantial overlap in markets, I suspect this will squash
Microsoft's inventive to update VirtualPC for MacTel.  Too bad, as it's
a great product.

Seems more likely that Apple will, after many complains censored from
the Apple support boards and later posted to AskTog.com, probably get
around to adding a similar level of integration as we enjoyed with
VirtualPC.

But it'll probably happen in v3.0, and like an increasing number of
Apple apps it'll probably inexplicably require a .Mac account. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal