There's a snail in my script entry !

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 4 18:37:59 EDT 2006

Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:

> When I am entering script in my stack, the characters
> entered are displayed at about one every second.
> Th bottom line of the script window shows lots of
> strange information as the script command is processed,
> obviously part of the parsing functions. This means that
> I can enter a line of script - blind, and then go and put the
> kettle on for a cup of tea, before it finally displays on screen.
> It's taking me hours to enter my scripts ! I can't find any option
> which is responsible for this. Did I toggle something for this to
> happen ? Please help me to make the problem go away .......

Try clicking the little icon above the "Enter" button to toggle to a
different display option. I always leave mine in "Find" mode because the
auto-fill flashing you describe is too distracting. It would be nice to
have a way to set the default option, because every time you launch Rev
you will have to change it.

The auto-fill option tries to match what you type to the closest
Transcript term and lets you type Command/Control-number to
automatically insert the current keyword into your script. It is
supposed to be a user-friendly feature that ensures you will spell words
correctly, and help you remember what the commands are. On my machine
the auto-fill is fast enough that it doesn't interfere with typing
though. I'm not sure why yours is so slow.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com