Proportional resizing of stack

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Apr 4 12:00:25 EDT 2006

Recently, Devin Asay wrote:

> I have a stack that I want to constrain to a 4:3 ratio when resizing,
> with a minimum stack size of 800 X 600. A search of the archives
> didn't yield any relevant results.
> Any suggestions for my humanities-addled, math-challenged brain?

One way is to set the rect of the stack, instead of a point combination.
This will keep the relative location and dimensions intact.  The following
seems to work here (in a resize widget positioned at the bottomright of the
stack:

on mouseDown
  set the uAllowResize of me to mouseH() - left of me,mouseV() - top of me
end mouseDown

on mouseMove X,Y
  if the uAllowResize of me is false then exit mouseMove
  put (X - item 1 of the uAllowResize of me) into V
  set topLeft of me to V,(3*V) div 4
  put rect of this stack into tRect
  put globalLoc(bottomRight of me) into BR
  put item 1 BR into item 3 of tRect
  put item 2 of BR into item 4 of tRect
  set rect of this stack to tRect
end mouseMove