Insert into back script logic

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 02:01:52 EST 2006

Ah, Sarah & Richard,

Thanks for the responses.
I will test one or two configurations, and probably go with a field and
place useage the notes in the field.  This is in-house software that will
get very complicated over the next 6 months, but there cannot be a good blue
print  now since the project is dynamic.

The reason for the card script approach vs btn/fld had slight merit, but not
enough to bother with at the moment.  The idea is to make the stack script a
foundation + the card script changeable to re-program some of the buttons
and provide changeable functions for the stack script to call.  This will
still work.

The simple setup would put changeable functions above (back) the stack
script and still load changeable functions for buttons at the card level,
thus each card containing buttons could be separate.  Now I can see that
having the duplicate instance of the card script will not interfere with my
design.

The basic tenant is that several parts of the functionality and filtering
could be updated during a day of continuous operation to produce a
changeable division of labor and our workers would not know or care.  They
make moves based on the final results.

One example of this is the random occurrence of data feed irregularities
that cripple the ability to process the indicators that we need.   When I
detect the problem, only then will I be able to build a fix, and may only
need it for that episode.  In the next step,  I may need to update the
operating remote clients on-the-fly to adjust for the changed data flow and
format.

We are in a fast-paced-money environment where we want to take advantage the
best possible data we can extract under all conditions, and avoid poor
advantage plays.  Both result in losses otherwise.  Mid-morning
reprogramming and change of assignments is essential.

Crossing my fingers that tomorrow will work smoothly :-)
Thanks again.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas