Can one pause revSpeak?

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Thu Sep 29 21:04:53 EDT 2005

>  > As an alternative I have put  this handler into the field:
>>
>>  on mouseUp
>>     put the clickchunk into tChunk
>>     set the tClickChunkStart of field 1  to word 2 of tChunk
>>     revstopSpeech
>>  end mouseUp
>>

>>  And stop speech by ckicking on the point where I wish the next speech
>>  to begin on resuming.
>>
>  > And then resume speech from char  tClickChunkStart  to char -1 of field 1.
>>

>How about setting up a loop that reads a sentence then waits until
>revIsSpeaking goes to false. After that, check for a key or mouseDown
>or checkbox set and either go on to the next sentence or stop, while
>remembering which sentence was next. Then a "Resume" button or
>keystroke could start the loop again.
>
>Cheers,
>Sarah

Sarah,

That works. It has the advantage that the locktext of the field can
be set to false, leaving the field open to editing.

The advantage of using  the clickChunk is that I have more freedom on
where to resume speaking. No need to begin at the next sentence.

I will try both for a while to see which works best.

Thanks Sarah