Running in Taskbar

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Sep 29 20:09:28 EDT 2005

SupermanSlyr-

> like that.... But anyway on to my question. Is it possible  to make a
> revolution program run in the background or in the WINDOWS  task-bar? I'm trying to get
> the program to monitor the keyboard, and  when a certain hotkey is pressed it
> opens the main window. Does anyone have any  advice or ideas?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Windows system task bar (the
icons down there next to the clock) and:
1. yes, it can be done and
2. no, it isn't much fun.

You'll need to write an external DLL with an event loop to catch some
Windows messages, then process those messages and pass them back to
your rev app running invisibly. If you're comfortable doing this in C
then the steps are fairly straightforward but still quite a bit of
coding. If you're not then I wouldn't even think about trying this.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net