Unix scripting help

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Sep 29 12:46:29 EDT 2005

Hello Chris,

First of all, I recommend taking a look at http://www.tldp.org/LDP/
abs/html/ which is the Advanced Bash Scripting Guide. A very good
reading.

There's a chapter under basic called exit and exit status which I
think will cover what you need, if all you need is a return value for
your script then use "exit 0" for zero is the default OK for unix.

I'll further check the guide to see if the background command you're
using (&) can be called from scripts, if I discover something new,
I'll send a new email to the list, in the mean time if exit 0 works,
drop me a note. :D

Cheers
andre