Text doesn't show up in answer dialog box

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 22:01:47 EDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Stgoldberg at aol.com <Stgoldberg at aol.com> wrote:
> This group has really been very helpful. I noted another problem today which
> I hope someone can resolve. I have created a stack with a black background.
> The answer dialog box I created shows up fine before the stack is built.
> However, once it has been built, the background of the dialog box changes to
> black, so the wording cannot be seen. If I change the background color of the
> stack to another color, say blue, the same changed color (blue) appears in the
> dialog box after building.   Is there a way in which I can keep the black
> background for the stack while maintaining a readible answer box?   Thanks very much.
> Steve Goldberg

While in the Rev IDE, the answer dialog is not part of your stack file
so maintains it's usual appearance. When it is built into your app, it
becomes a sub-stack of your mainStack and inherits it's
characteristics.

If your mainStack is a single card, the easiest way is to set the
card's backgroundColor and leave the stack's backgroundColor empty, so
there is nothing to inherit. If that doesn't suit, you can set the
answer dialog's color directly before you use it.

HTH,
Sarah