Locating an Application to Launch

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 28 08:24:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

How can I find out if an Application is available on the system,
especially if there is more than one version of the application
installed? I need something that will search all volumes on a system
and list all the occurances of the application?

For instance if I am looking for (say) Photoshop and there are three
versions on two volumes, I would like to present this to the user and
allow them to select the one they wish to launch. If there is only
one version, then just launch it.

This needs to run under MacOS X and Windows.

Thanks a lot for your help
All the Best
Dave