slooowwww text entry in fields

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Tue Sep 27 14:44:54 EDT 2005

Hi Dan,

Same here. I reported I sometimes got the same problem.... But such
slowness doesn't occur very often (I have experienced it 2-3 times
since I use Revolution, that is a year or so). Slowness is usually
highly correlated with (1) the number of days my computer has been on
( I am one of those who doesn't switch of her computer overnight) and
(2) the number of times I have run a program in which I made a stupid
error which caused some perpetual looping, with ctl-. required to
interrupt it. And yes, other programs get slow as well.

Marielle

> For my part, I can't confirm the problem. I see it from time to
> time but when I do, I usually notice the problem in other apps
> besides Rev so I've always assumed it wasn't a Rev problem at all
> but rather a system-level problem.
>
> I'm not sure I'm a "wirehead" in this context -- perhaps more of a
> brillo-head? -- but I know that very often threads go unanswered
> here principally because the problems they describe aren't
> something many others can confirm.
>
> I've asked Apple and my local dealer tech support about this
> problem and I get blank stares, lack of confirmation, denial, and
> suggestions from the old days (restart your system).
>
> Maybe that's all there is.
>

> On Sep 23, 2005, at 3:08 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:
>

>> We had a little thread on this a week or two ago. Several users
>> confirmed the problem. Some had fast machines, so I guess the
>> speed of my machine is not the main problem. I think they were all
>> Mac users. I never did figure out if this is a Macintosh-only issue.
>>
>> None of the gurus on the list ever replied. Well... no one's
>> obligated of course. It seems like a non-trivial issue, even if it
>> is a bit on the minor side. I'm wondering why none of the true
>> wireheads replied. Or maybe someone did and I missed it.
>>
>> If it's a stupid question, or if we've been over and over it on
>> the list and I missed it, no hard feelings. I'm still kinda
>> wondrin about this issue, though.
>>

>> Cheers,

---
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist