Export/Import Stacks as XML

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Tue Sep 27 13:59:00 EDT 2005

I would like to convert XML and the windows "infopath" schema to SQL and
then access the SQL with a stack. There doesn't seem to be any program other
than MS Infopath that can work with the infopath schema. Does anyone know of
one (ideally Mac OSX so I don't have to run it in the emulater)?

On 9/27/05 1:52 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> david bovill wrote:
>> Whats - the interest? Is there not something going on with standards
>> based file formats for education or...??? or do I have crossed wires?
>
> I wrote an XML exporter/importer years ago.  Don't even know where it is
> today.
>
> It's hard to beat native stack files for efficient transport.
>
> For even great efficiency the built-in GZip compression is very handy.
> And for ASCII transfer running Base64encode on the compressed stack will
> inflate it only a bit, still much smaller than the original.
>
> XML is great for transferring data between systems that know little
> about each other.  But what system other than another Rev engine will be
> able to do much with Rev's object model and Transcript?
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin
>   Managing Editor, revJournal

            |    |    |