Export/Import Stacks as XML

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 27 13:52:44 EDT 2005

david bovill wrote:
> Whats - the interest? Is there not something going on with standards
> based file formats for education or...??? or do I have crossed wires?

I wrote an XML exporter/importer years ago.  Don't even know where it is
today.

It's hard to beat native stack files for efficient transport.

For even great efficiency the built-in GZip compression is very handy.
And for ASCII transfer running Base64encode on the compressed stack will
inflate it only a bit, still much smaller than the original.

XML is great for transferring data between systems that know little
about each other.  But what system other than another Rev engine will be
able to do much with Rev's object model and Transcript?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal