slooowwww text entry in fields

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Sep 27 00:03:33 EDT 2005

On 9/26/05 8:41 PM, "Timothy Miller" <gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com>
wrote:

> I forgot who mentioned it, maybe Ken. You were totally right about
> throbbing buttons. With several of my biggest stacks open, including
> some that send messages to themselves periodically, running a rather
> complex script every second or so, Rev's CPU usage declined from 90%
> to 0.5% when I de-throbbed several buttons.

Yup, it was me... but I can't take credit for it... several others
encountered this first and I'm just passing it along.

> Silly me! I assumed that these buttons would use minimal resources
> because they are native to the OS. As far as I can tell, there's no
> easy way to get the shaded Aqua button effect, without the throbbing.
> Too bad!

Right, no easy way. You could make graphics that showed the color without
the throbbing, but it's not as simple as setting a property.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com