FTP Upload QUIT ???

kevin at stallibrass.com kevin at stallibrass.com
Mon Sep 26 02:57:22 EDT 2005

Thanks for your suggestion Dave, I've tried it but with the same problem. I
was already aware that the exported image was correct (just by opening it)
but like the extra check you suggest.  I'm getting more & more convinced
that the issue is with my webhost so today I'm setting up a new one just to
test. Thing is, everything worked perfectly for about 30mins or so then
suddenly stopped. As I'd changed nothing I feel it easy to blame my webhost.
As you can imagine, they've absolutely no interest in looking at the problem
from their end.
Thanks anyway

Kevin

Dave wrote
I wouldn't worry too much about the QUIT command. libUrl does this some time
after a transaction is completed in order to close the session. But your log
shows that the transaction didn't complete properly.

This is part of the log I see here when using more or less the same script
as you.

export image "image1" to file "C:/image1.gif" as GIF put "
<ftp://name:pass@ftp.somewhere.com/image1.gif>
ftp://name:pass@ftp.somewhere.com/image1.gif" into myURL put "c:/image1.gif"
into myFile put url ("binfile:" & myFile) into tImageData if
length(tImageData) is 0 then

answer "no data"

else

libUrlFtpUpload tImageData, myURL,"uploadDone"

end if