OK I lied...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Sep 25 18:21:12 EDT 2005

David,

hi there, you can use HTML Entities for the unicode char, which is
safe, or you can use the unicode encoding/decoding functions to code
your data correctly before inserting into XML. (I am quoting from
memory here, but I think you need to unidecode the data...)

I just checked the docs, if you're answering an email you'd better be
sure I say:

revPutIntoXMLNode the docId of field "xmltree",selectedNode, \
      uniDecode(the unicodeText of field "Contents","UTF8")

so, yes, you need to uniDecode the thing.

Cheers, good luck
andre