slooowwww text entry in fields

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:40:20 EDT 2005

On 9/25/05, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> Dan Shafer wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I'm a "wirehead" in this context -- perhaps more of a
> > brillo-head? -- but I know that very often threads go unanswered here
> > principally because the problems they describe aren't something many
> > others can confirm.
>
> My situation too. I've just never seen this happen so I can't respond.

I've only seen it in the script editor and turning off live
colorization as well as using altClean to remove all existing
colorizations, seems to fix it. The length of script doesn't appear to
matter, it just happens sometimes (or in some scripts).

So I would be inclined to suspect some other forces at work. Do you
have any rawKey or key handlers running? Any front or back scripts
that are checking every key stroke? If you lock messages, and then
type, is it still slow? Are you running any constantly polling
handlers? Does it happen both in the IDE and in the built application?

Cheers,
Sarah