data-design question

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Sep 24 15:21:39 EDT 2005

On Sep 24, 2005, at 11:34 AM, Charles Hartman wrote:

> Any suggestions about the best approach to the internals of this?
> I'm not clear whether, for example, custom properties are up to the
> demands of what's essentially a relational database . . .

Are you already familiar with SQL and relational databases?  If so I
would recommend using a SQL database for storage.

If you are getting into databases and Revolution then you should take
a look at my libDatabase library available at

<http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/>

I just posted the latest beta of version 2.0 which has a Getting
Started PDF and some docs for all of the handlers.  Even though it is
still beta I use the library in all of my commercial apps.  It has
been tested with altSQLite, MySQL and Valentina 1.x.

I don't have an example stack for version 2 yet but the version 1
library does.  I also haven't bundled the libDatabaseObjects library
with it yet which contains helper functions for creating drop-down
menus, selection fields, etc. which link database record ids with
menu and fields items.  I will get around to it one day.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com