Clipboard madness

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Sep 24 12:15:51 EDT 2005

MisterX-

> "Today, when i copy the line from any program" -
>                              ----------------
Ah. My mistake. I assumed rev was a program...

> Fortunately you understood it was pasted to rev... (just teasing ya ;)
<g>

> And yes, from rev to rev fields or other programs fields' this works...

> but then I go to outlook (or bogus notes 5-6.5), copy the string:

Well, I don't use Outhouse, but when I copy html text from my mail app
(The Bat, www.ritlabs.com) it pastes into rev fields without problems.
(font and color info is gone, but no text information is ever lost).
And that includes backslashes, forward slashes, and vertical bars.

I think you're getting lost in the rtf-html-text conversions. The rtf
information you posted is obviously incorrect, so converting it to
html isn't going to help any. HtmlText conversions certainly have
problems, but backslashes don't seem to be among those.

To avoid the rtf thing, try pasting html text from a web browser into
a rev field. Works for me.

...and you might try filing a bug report on the rtf thing with
Microsoft... <g>

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net