Tiger breaks hyperCard?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Sep 23 12:59:51 EDT 2005

Hi Richard,

> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:14:55 -0700
> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> Subject: Re: Tiger breaks hyperCard?
>
> Ken Norris wrote:
>> Note: HyperCard is the one-and-only software item I run in Classic
>> today. I use its Color Tools because, albeit it lacks some features,
>> it's still has the fastest, most intuitive paint tools, for cranking
>> out
>> graphical artwork parts, on the planet.
>
> How would you characterize the benefits of the HC color tools over
> Rev's
> tools?

I'm talking strictly about painting graphical elements. To me there's
no comparison at all.

1) It's very light and responsive. More so than any other paint program
I've used. Even the best of the mega-paint programs make me feel like
they're carrying a heavy load around.

2) Overall intuitiveness.

3) I can paint in 32-bit color (not from a colorwheel, but you can
still do it).

4) Maintains a palette of the last 12 sampled colors.

5) Free or percentage resizing.

6) Free or degree rotation.

7) Instant tinting.

There are lots more reasons, but I don't have time to make more
comparisons for you right now.

All the best,
Ken N.