add menu-background vanishes

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 18:08:29 EDT 2005

Rich Lague asks,
Does the menu builder move the existing objects down further when there are
more cards in the stack?

Rich,
Yes, yes, yes!
Revolution doesn't have a real background, so background groups are added to
new cards. The menus are a background group.
If you add a menu to a single card stack, it will get replicated with each
new card. Works fine.
If you add a menu to some card in a multi-card stack (number of cards does
not matter, yours was 500, could have been 1,000 - or just 2) only that card has
the menu. Cards made after that card will have the menu. BUT on OS X entering
or leaving the range of cards with the menu will resize the height of the
stack - usually 20 pixels, but sometimes 40 or 60 or??? sometimes plus sometimes
 minus.
You could copy the menu to each card in the stack.
Don't add the menu group to the regular background group - trust me, much
misery.
The best thing, in my experience the only truly reliable thing, is to reduce
you stack to a single card, add the menus, rebuild the stack.
I wish this was documented - at least, part of Jeanne's excellent conference
on menus.
This has been messing up new users for at least two years, it is time
SOMETHING is done about it!
Paul Looney