Updating menus (was Re: Clipboard madness)

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Sep 22 17:58:13 EDT 2005

Thanks for separating the thread issues... They are not the same...

Regarding this, all you need is to check whenever you get a resume
message or eventually a pastekey command...

no polling required!

My feeling is that if your "stack" (we're talking ide environment and it's
stacks, not an application) is that menus shortcuts (managed by rev's
engine) should pass the message if none of the local menus do not handle it.
If you disable the paste menu (because the user is not in a stack's fields),
the message box should still work to paste!

This still doesn't explain why the script editor looses the "menubar
shortcuts'" focus...

My guess is that the window mode of the script editor (ranted on or
bugzillaed before) doesn't help... Or something is not watching correctly
where the user's focus is and which menu is tied to that focus...