Clipboard madness

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 22 14:46:41 EDT 2005

MisterX wrote:

> there's no passing of the control key if you have a menubar that doesn’t
> handle it while this is a rev-command. This would have never failed in
> hypercard as I remember the good old days...

Exactly, and that is how it should work. If I have a custom menu bar and
I have disabled or omitted the "copy" command, that means I do not want
to allow copying. It would be a bug if copying was active in this case.

Control/command key shortcuts are intended to initiate menu functions.
If you want the ability to use them, then include those functions in
your menus. I don't see any bug here.

HyperCard was different because it had no "real" menus. They were all
simulated, and all keystrokes eventually made their way to the engine if
they were not trapped. This made HyperCard standalones behave
differently than other applications. Revolution's implementation is more
consistent and allows stack authors to script reliable menu behavior.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com