The Deadly Sins

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Thu Sep 22 11:35:36 EDT 2005

Yeah, I *know* that intellectually, but it always seemed to me that a
sufficiently intelligent compiler could be designed that would be
able to dope that out correctly a huge percentage of the time.

Besides, I like screaming at compilers at 3 a.m.

BTW and FWIW, in the last year or so that I was able to use Smalltalk
as my development platform of choice, it had become quite
sophisticated in this sense. If you made a "syntax error," for
example, it would suggest known method, class and identifier names
that you might have meant. It was uncannily able to "guess" the right
one as its first choice. Saved me a ton of time I'd have spent re-
editing and recompiling Java.

http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermediastore.com/tech_main.html