AppleScript - Silent Running?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 02:39:43 EDT 2005

>>Er, what's "not true" - that you're forced to see FM Pro do its
>>stuff when using AppleScript or that you need "activate" at the
>>start of each script?  I'm happy to believe the latter isn't
>>required, but I don't think it helps since if this is left out I
>>still see FM Pro screens flashing away.  However, I'm fairly
>>convinced of the former!
>
>What happens if you start your script with:
>
>tell application "FileMaker Pro"
>   hide

'hide' is not a supported AppleScript command for FileMaker.  In fact
I don't think it's an application command at all.  The way I make
FileMaker hide itself using AppleScript is by using the Finder
instead as follows:

    tell application "Finder"
       set visible of application process "FileMaker" to false
    end tell

--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk