activating a combobox

Ron Noice ron at ecionmicroed.com
Tue Sep 20 22:02:12 EDT 2005

Yes, I wanted to physically pop them open. Some of my stuff has a series of combos, each populated based on the previous one, and I (and the users) find it helpful to automatically open each one to make the contents immediately visible. Saves clicking, looks spiffy! There is a command to do this in Access and I was hoping for the same kind of thing in Rev. But Pat's workaround will do the job failing a built-in method. Thanks anyway, Jacque.
... Ron

*** From: J. Landman Gay  (jacque at hyperactivesw.com)
*** Dated: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:16:49 -0500

 Ron Noice wrote:
 > Thanks, Pat. Don't think I would ever have come up with that idea --
 > and as a bonus, it actually works!! Sometimes the list closes again
 > right away but that's probably due to something else I'm doing. So
 > thanks very much for an inventive solution. ... Ron

 Do you actually want to physically pop up the button, or just get and
 set menu items and selections? If all you need is the data, then you can
 read the button contents, or send a menupick message to the button to
 activate its script. Let us know if you need more info about that.

 Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com