Export Callback anyone??

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Tue Sep 20 15:41:18 EDT 2005

Kevin,

I would export locally, then upload the file via ftp.

Here's what I do:

       local LUploadWorkDone, LCancelFTPUpload, LCurUploadUrl,
LCurUploadSize

       put false into LUploadWorkDone
       put false into LCancelFTPUpload -- set to true when/if user
clicks "Cancel" button in progress dialog
       put toUrl into LCurUploadUrl
       put theSize into LCurUploadSize
       send "DoUploadStatusLoop toUrl, theSize" to this stack in 30
ticks -- timed "callback" which updates progress indicator
       MyFTPUploadImage fromFile, toUrl, "DoUploadWorkFinish"
       wait until (LUploadWorkDone <> false) with messages

on MyFTPUploadImage theImageFile, theUrl, theCallback
   put "binfile:" & theImageFile into theBinFile
   libUrlFtpUpload URL theBinFile, theUrl, theCallback
end MyFTPUploadImage

on DoUploadWorkFinish theUrl, theUrlStatus
   put true into LUploadWorkDone -- breaks us out of the wait until ()
loop above
end DoUploadWorkFinish

on DoUploadStatusLoop toUrl, theSize
   if LUploadWorkDone <> false or toUrl <> LCurUploadUrl or
LCancelFTPUpload = true then
     exit DoUploadStatusLoop
   else
     set the cursor to busy
     CheckForCancelFTPUpload -- looks to see if the user has clicked in
the "cancel" button
     DoUpdateUploadProgress toUrl, theSize --
     send "DoUploadStatusLoop toUrl, LCurUploadSize" to this stack in 30
ticks
   end if
end DoUploadStatusLoop

on DoUpdateUploadProgress toUrl, theSize
   put UrlStatus(toUrl) into theStatus
   put item 1 of theStatus into theStatusStr

   put 0 into bytesUploaded
   switch (theStatusStr)
   case "queued"
     break
   case "contacted"
     break
   case "connecting"
     break
   case "requested"
     break
   case "loading"
     break
   case "uploading"
     put item 2 of theStatus into bytesUploaded
     put item 3 of theStatus into bytesTotal
     break
   case "cached"
     break
   case "uploaded"
     put theSize into bytesUploaded
     break
   case "error"
     break
   case "timeout"
     break
   case empty
     -- could happen if we're saving to disk instead of uploading
     put theSize into bytesUploaded
     break
   default
     answer error "Error: invalid url status '" & theStatusStr & "'"
with "OK" titled getPhotoAlbumDialogName()
   end switch

   put trunc((LFTPBytesUploaded + bytesUploaded) / LFTPUploadTotalBytes
* 100) into thePercentage

   put FormatSizeAsText(LFTPUploadTotalBytes) & ": " & thePercentage &
"% (" & \
       (LFTPBytesUploaded + bytesUploaded) & "/" & LFTPUploadTotalBytes
& ")" into ftpMsg1

   UpdateFTPProgressBar ftpMsg1, "", "", "    Status: " & theStatusStr,
thePercentage
end DoUpdateUploadProgress

On Sep 20, 2005, at 8:08 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com