Insertion Point in Fields

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Tue Sep 20 12:12:33 EDT 2005

Hi Roger,

Not sure if you've gotten a response to this or not, but just in case
you haven't...

I seem to remember a problem where if the rect of a group overlaps a
field, you don't see the field's insertion point.  Could this be the
case?  I've had this happen before and not even realized it.  It
seems like if you simply change the layer of your field so that it's
in front of the group, it should fix it.

Chris

On Sep 20, 2005, at 9:51 AM, Roger Guay wrote:

> I'm sorry for the repeat, but I'm at my wits end with this
> seemingly simple problem:  I have a background group with a field
> in it that has it's sharedText set to false.  On the first card,
> this field behaves properly with a flashing insertion "|" whenever
> you click inside it.  Not so on subsequent cards!  On subsequent
> cards there is no flashing "|" no matter what you do.  Can anyone
> shed some light on this?
>
> TIA, Roger

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally