java?

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 17 11:05:04 EDT 2005

Howdy Eric,

On Sep 17, 2005, at 00:55, Eric Engle wrote:

> a) Whether and where an integrated visual IDE for java could be
> found -- of
> course, ideally it would be like hypercard with a palette to choose
> interface
> elements (buttons, fields, movies, images) and for scripting them.
> b) A simple java for compiling applets. I don't need or even want
> to make java
> standalones! I want not to have to choose between the various
> development
> possibilities that java offers -- all I want is to compile simple
> applets. If I
> wanted to build standalone apps I would use hypercard/revolution
> for that. But
> I don't think there is a good hypercard/revolution solution for online
> distribution (i.e. you cannot yet run a stack from within a browser).

Why don't you download and install Netbeans 4.1 from http://
www.netbeans.org?

You do not need the version that includes the Sun Java Application
Server (SJAS), just the regular version is fine.

I have done scads of development in Netbeans, so if you have
questions getting started, contact me off-list and I'll give you my
number.

--gordy (got at mindspring.com)