highlight and hide field from standalone

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Fri Sep 16 05:56:40 EDT 2005

Hi Bob,

Hi Klaus.

Thanks for the info... I'll give it a go later on (when I'm at the Airport). It
is for a wee freebie for you all. :-)

Cheers
Bob

Hi All.

I want to add a script into a field in a substack that allows the  user to
highlight and hide a field.

Ihe reason for this is simple. I have a master database and read a  csv file
then
adds item one into field one (then repeat for each item).

Now this is OK, however, the end user need not require all the  fields in view.
Indeed the first 5-6 are not required at all. Therefore, I'd like  to create the
master database and allow them to highlight a field (just like in  the rev-IDE)
via something like control-rightclick and then if the agree to the  selection
hit the delete key  (or similar) to hide/delete the field/fields.

Any IDEa's (excuse the pun)?

:-)

Quick and dirty idea:

on mouseup whichone
  global field2delete
  if whichone = 3 then
     set the rect of grc "my hilite border in red or whatever" to  the rect of
fld "xyz"
     set the loc of grc "my hilite border in red or whatever"  to  the loc of
fld "xyz"
     put "xyz" into field2delete
     show grc "my hilite border in red or whatever"
  end if
end mouseup

on deletekey
  global field2delete
  if the visible of grc "my hilite border in red or whatever" then
     hide fld field2delete
     hide grc "my hilite border in red or whatever"
  end if
end deletekey

You get the picture, should be easily doable.

But you might want to use a shorter name for the graphic ;-)

Cheers
Bob

Regards

Klaus Major